I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Saturday, August 24, 2013

End of Summer Memories

     Summer was too short. I know, I know- If I keep making such insightful comments I just may win a Nobel Prize but it's true and that is how I feel. We have traveled, kids went to camps, we moved, we had company come to visit and yes, there was that trip to the ER scare. As usual, life delivers great highs with great lows to balance you out. I would like to just say we are all doing well including the, soon to be, baby Harris. I would like to reminisce about our trip to North Carolina first. Right after school ended we packed up and went to Bryson City where we rented a gorgeous home in Fontana Lake Estates. I hadn't seen Mike that rested and happy in awhile. Work was....well, work is work and this was play. We rented a boat to cruise around the lake, I sent the biggins to white water raft and zip line. We barbequed and made smores until we busted out of our suits and spent a lot of time in the hot tub or rocking on the porch. Enough with words. Here are a few of my favorite moments.


Mike's face throughout most of the trip



The triplets wardrobe for most of trip

The lake house





Captain Mike and his crew








The trips relaxed around the lake



Beau's first smote


Don't take triplets on the home tour of the Biltmore in Ashville











A hike to a waterfall. Ms. Independent wanted no help





Golden's expression througout the trip.


Nantahala Outdoor Center had a chilly welcome 
The living room of the lake house
The dining room



But it didn't stop us from enjoying it


     After our trip we returned to have another great year at surf camp and the kids tried out and loved Marine Science camp as well. We bought paddle boards and went to town around July fourth. We spent a lot of time in and around water.

Dad makes dinner for babies

What's Summer without popsicles 

Boating with Jeremy 


Sea side friends we made

Trips to the zoo were always fun

The triplets always manage to entertain

We taught them new tricks to get around

Our first paddle board trip together

A nice afternoon at the beach with my gang

Gigi and her daddy







     Before I forget, I would like to give a shout out to Golden for graduating from Elementary school and receiving his Arrow of Light in Scouts. He is growing up so fast that my heart can't take it. He is taller than me now but will always be my baby...and he is still all right with that. And to Eva, for another spectacular school year with such good grades the Senator gave her a certificate. Let's not forget her recital as well. 






     
     Summer was not all fun and games though. We had a terrible scare July 5th when I found Mike convulsing on the floor with the triplets around him. As a physician I can tell you I have seen just about everything but it is different when you are the patient, or the patient's wife. I'm happy to say, that Mike is back to his normal self and that all the tests came back unremarkable. This seizure may have been from an old college head injury and we hope it is his last. Life just has a way of shaking you out of your comfort zone but it was, as with all tragedy, a reminder of how precious our time together is and I feel like this episode has managed to make our family stronger. I thought I loved Mike deeply. I was a fool. The thought of losing him makes me realize how I need this man to sustain me. How he is  bound to me on a molecular level. 

     Not to be under acheivers, we also managed to move to our new home. A home that Mike and I have dreamed of for years. Every night when I get in bed I want to pinch myself and in true Harris form, Mike and I are just waiting for the ball to drop because life is too good. " Let's enjoy it before the zombie apocalypse comes." Mike says.So we will. 

Just another sunset from home

Casa Sirenas (Mermaid House)
Here's to a great rest of the year with even more excitement to come.







1 comment:

  1. Sylvia, I could NOT be happier for the Harris clan! I had heard through the grapevine about the baby, how very wonderful! I am so happy that Mike is ok, what a terrible scare, to say the very least. I want to do summer Harris style! This desert summer is kind of for the birds! Sure love you! I'd love your new address!

    ReplyDelete