I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What's Summer Without Friends




     In yet another attempt to fit in everything into one blog I'd like to recap just a few of the visitors we have had grace our doors here in Casa de Sirenas. We were able to reunite with old friends; an ever elusive brother in law, the smartest man Mike and I have ever met, a SIL with an infectious laugh, the nicest guy that could kill you and his daughter and throw in every Harris cousin we could find and I think you can say our Summer was complete. 

My SIL and BIL drove two days in a car packed with boys to see us. This is probably one of the few times I've seen Arell on a vacation. It suited him well. At least Nico thought so. 

The trips decided to show off their Jedi skills to the cousins

The Chapman boys were growing gills by the time they left our house. It was surprisingly calm with a house full of kids or maybe I just went next level crazy and only a nuclear holocaust can raise my heart rate above sixty. 
Ethan

Aiden


Noah




 The kids tried ocean water, bay water and salt water pool water. There was no preference it would seem but I did enjoy the diving contest. 




My winner!

Noah and Eva were inseperable
 Even Nico was showing off his best assets to our guests.

I had to stuff his little thighs in this thing
 There was a lot of educating going on here. How to load a nerf gun, how to kill the enemies in Skylander, how to build a universe in Mindcraft. I should really open up a school… that is about fun. Or better yet, I think that I can really open a restaurant because I felt no different cooking for a gaggle then a pride of people. It was fun. Lets hope these guys visit again soon. 

We didn't have much time to turn the beds over before we had the Perry's come visit. I look forward to Natalie's visit like my daughter looks forward to her play dates. Probably because we do a lot of the same things. Nat brings out my inner tween (because I don't act mature enough to be a teenager)I guess you can say she brings out my Latweena (I just copyrighted this word) And I can honestly say that Anthony was true treat to have in our home again. It had been years since these two got together but like good friends do, they took up where they left off. Anthony is not only a genius doctor but an inventor, outdoorsman, funny man, and a truly good soul. 

The boys got some boy time in and I got to hand it to them, they took pictures for me under the threat of death but they did it. Love them because I bet there was a bit of hazing from all the testosterone flared men around. 




Only Nat could convince me to go up in a parachute when I was happy on a perfectly safe boat ride. But I'm glad I did it. I have to say that it was really cute to see her and Anth go up and hold hands the whole time including when they got dunked in the water. 

These two look the same as when I met them

Yes, they got Eva up too.

I title this " I could live but all my bones will be shattered"

Natalie ate everything in her welcome basket.



After the Perry's visit we took some time to relax..and beat each other up. 


This is when we decided to not let Summer go quietly and made our plans for Seaside on Labor Day. We were joined by Jeremy and his daughter, Scout one day and there was a lot of lounging going on. I just wonder when sandcastle building, wave chasing, ice cream eating and bike riding aimlessly gets old because it hasn't happened yet. 




Playing in the home's tower where you find a table and swing


The beach most mornings


The ever elusive to photograph Golden lays wait in the water for the perfect wave

The view every morning


Ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

Father and son body surfing contest

Everyone took turns wearing the Nico accessory

Things got weird 

The men in deep conversation at the toy store

The tan lines as seen on most of my chubbsters



We peddled around with two trailers and a baby seat. 
In all, I am grateful for the days together and never take a single moment for granted. I look forward to the school year starting for it too will bring new adventures but I'm a summer girl through and through and  these people made it that much sweeter. 
My people (minus Nico on my back)

All the cousins at play.


No comments:

Post a Comment