I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Monday, November 16, 2015

Golden's 14 Years of Bliss Celebration

     






So you are fourteen, how is your second teenage year? Great. I have good friends and teachers.
What is your favorite color? Blue why? There are pretty blues like the light blue in the sky and it goes great when its mixed with other colors.'
What's your favorite food? Pizza. The salad (Turkey Cobb salad from Publix)That should be your favorite because you eat it every day even though it used to be for me and I can't find it now when I want it. He laughs.
What is your favorite show? I've seen so many good ones. Naruto right now.
What's your favorite movie? The Lego Movie
What is your calling at church? I'm a teacher. Congrats! What does that mean to you? I get to talk about gospel principles and I still pass out the sacrament. 
What is your favorite extracurricular activity? I like tennis. 
What's your favorite subject? Science and reading
Tell me something smart? The measurement of light passing every year is a light year. 
Who's your favorite sibling? I have trouble with that. Why? They can all be a bit obnoxious at times especially Nico now that he's going into the terrible twos. 
But do you love your siblings? Yes
I still catch you cuddling Nico and sometimes Carlos. Silence
What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor What kind? I don't know. I haven't given it much thought. 
What do you think the hardest thing about growing up is? The school work . Life is just going to get harder. Mrs. Voss taught me that. I kinda miss her. 
What do you want to tell your 30 year old self if you could go into the future? Thanks for making it this far. Maybe remind him he likes tennis.
OK so what would your 30 year old self tell you now? Thanks for reminding me and pick the right girl and don't make your sister take out the trash
Speaking of girls, what should you be looking for in a girl? Pretty, smart, a Mormon, maybe a little bit sexy. I know it sounds inappropriate but I'm pretty sure teenagers like me think about that stuff because we are at that stage. Oh, and likes me no matter what I do.
What's your favorite vacation? I liked North Carolina. I liked everything the house with our own basement, the lake, hiking, rafting, biking even though I can't remember a lot of what we did.
What do you like most about your dad? He's nice. He's kind and gets us stuff no matter what. He's very good at doing the right thing and he's a doctor. 
Now I'm jealous. What do you like about your mom? Your a doctor, your sweet, you take us cool places for vacation. 
I feel better. Why do you like traveling so much? To get away from school. I like to see new things. I like room service. I have trouble sometimes because I'm worried about the triplets and Nico.
Let's talk about that. What worries you? That they might get lost or hurt. I wonder why you worry. We've never lost any of you. Sometimes I just think your not paying attention. And sometimes it makes me feel like I'm better than you sometimes.
Do you think your afraid because of Zachary? (Wants his reply stricken)
Do you remember Zachary? Yes. Do you remember who named him Zach? You. No Dad No, you did. You were quite stern about this and wouldn't hear about any other names. 
What do you look forward to most this Christmas? Getting presents and being with you guys. And having the spirit in our home. But remember Jesus was really born in April. 
Any last words of wisdom? I hope that no matter how hard life gets we have to keep moving forward because I know the Lord will be with us every step of the way. So how does that sound? Pretty darn good, Golden. I love you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment