I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Harris Summer Miami/ Orlando 2017 Part II


     After spending a few days in Miami, we headed back to Disney World to catch a ride or two at the new Pandora world in Animal Kingdom based off the movie Avatar. I have to admit my expectations were high but Disney surpassed them. The world of Pandora at Animal kingdom during the day can only be beaten by the world at night. The incredible detail to all the flora and fauna not only in the section but in any trail leading to it is amazing. They have incorporated sounds of alien wildlife all around you as you walk and you have to do a few laps around to really take it all in. Don't forget to look up too since the land is floating above you as well. 


Eva in the wild
      But the best part was finally catching up with a hard working Mike who flew in to meet us so we could be together on Father's Day. 

We had fast passes for the two rides here and I am happy to say, we didn't have to wait in the over two hour lines people were standing in for each. That is even during the extended park hours from 7am-1am. I loved the river ride that goes through the jungle at night, all lit up and irridesent.It was totally my speed. The 4D ride on a banshee's back was unbelievable!....I will never do it again. I found that even though I consoled Gigi's fears by telling her that we would never be moving, the intensity of the ride put the fear of god in me and I the dips and turns had me begging for the end. Not to mention it felt like some beast I was riding kept breathing between my legs. 







Like I said, at night was when Pandora really stepped up her game. 



As a parent I will also say that the app to pre order you food for pick up was the highlight for me. In a day filled with lines it was nice to press a few buttons and then walk to an empty line for pick up and wave to all the suckers who decided to have lunch the old way. 




Speaking of food, Disney Springs (or what I still refer to as Downtown Disney has really expanded. We shopped and dined to our hearts content and celebrated an early Father's Day dinner at STK. The music was a bit loud but Mike seemed to like it and the food was  incredible which is nice since lately Orlando food seems to resemble  flavored cardboard, it is nice to see restaurants stepping up their game again around Disney. 
That ATM was genius



We supplied the bubbles for most of the parks. You're welcome

I'm glad to say that my back sling is still working hard in this family. It is so dang comfortable

I hope to have a million of these to compare our family throughout the years
 I love my family but I especially love them at Disney. They are gamers. 

Wait mom, let me stand like him first. My very own Captain America Jr.

Why must she continue to grow into a beautiful young woman. 


I only got one very bad picture at Father's Day dinner in the restaurant but I guess we are all in it to some extent. The trips were finally given their iPads and I'm in the reflection. 

Here is my family after a great meal. Disney did Nico in at he end.

We had a lot to be thankful for this vacation. Our health, new career opportunities, our kids health, smarts and kindness. But mostly I'm always thankful for this guy. He continues to be the best travel companion I have found in this life and I'm glad I'll be taking him to the next with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment