I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Christmas 2016







As we do every Christmas, we overbook, overstimulate, overcook, over everything and wrap it in a pretty package and enjoy it till someone tells up to stop or we die. Luckily, we just stopped on January 1st as was mandated but the local authorities. Eva was once again in the Nutcracker and I am proud to say my daughter was not only an incredible boy but she was also a rat (unsure if boy or girl rat but awesome none the less.) Before we performed at the Saenger, the production was played out at the outdoor venue at Seaside. I kinda love this one best because we had our lawn chairs blankets and popcorn for this one readily available. We celebrated our newest teenagers birthday in style by having a day at the mall followed by a school dance Friday, cake at the house Saturday and celebrated again Sunday for good measure. 

Teenager at large


We made ginger bread houses times three. And had another elf invasion for the month of December. We had minor incidents with Beau touching Dewdrop which sent her to the hospital at the North Pole followed by a medicinal chocolate bath when she returned and a sign that said, "Stop trying to kill the elf."


We got two Christmas trees this year and Golden let Nico have the place of honor by placing the star on the tree this year.It is always my favorite time when I unwrap the ornaments and see the timeline of my children's growth, in particular, Golden. Love his pictures.


We were all in the festive mood this year






A great surprise was the visit from first and second cousins. My niece Susan came with her two kiddos, Savannah and William which we immediately adopted into our inner circle. I will always see Susan as a child and she was more than gracious to allow me to treat her as one of the kids.


Got to workout with my niece. We're just resting



We let the end of the year finish with visits to the zoo, fireworks and good food and laughter. What a way to invite the good vibes for 2017.




That's my boy..girl....rat

In front of our first tree. 

Christmas outfits were worn

Dec




Loved this game immensely 

William the handsome

Susan and her krewe



the birds tried to nest in Mike's pockets


New years lanterns

The photographer photographed

Happy New Year to all!!!From our monkeys to yours.






No comments:

Post a Comment