I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thankful for Thanksgiving with the Family



     Thanksgiving was destined to be fun with an early morning family run in Pensacola Beach. Golden and Eva are natural athletes like their father. The triplets were also great, especially Gigi who kept yelling "Run, run faster, faster." No need to say how popular a triplet stroller is among the runners..NOT. But the triplets still hold that mystique to most people who were asking us about them throughout the run. I don't know what life will be like when I'm not "The triplet mom" anymore. When they are old enough to be separated from me and form their own identity. It amazes me that people I see regularly will look at me blankly when I am without the triplets as if we have never met before. Don't confuse my amazement with complaining. I couldn't be prouder of all of my children but I was just so many other things before they showed up in this world that it is simply funny sometimes to be known for nothing else. But being a time to be thankful let this be known. If I am grateful for nothing else in this life, I am and will always be humbled that I got to be the mother of seven of the greatest children in this world and would be honored if at the end of it all that is all people will remember about me. 








First pedicure for the girls


     We later had a quiet Thanksgiving meal together at home with fresh bread, Turducken, creamed corn and creamed spinach, sweet potato casserole and mashed potatoes (yes, that is double starches and double cream) 


     Early the next morning we were blessed with a surprise visit from my brother Henry and his wife Ivis. They were cruising around the country with the top down and we couldn't have been happier to see them in our neck of the woods. 

Carlos with the ladies? How odd? NOT!

I think the kids took kindly to their Tio and Tia. I think that Nico had a new found bromance with Henry only to be beaten by Beau's infatuation with Henry's face. There was a lot of squeezing, hugging and kissing mixed in with her cracking up. It was precious.



I like how Beau needed to be held back by her Tio


In short, I was very thankful for a Thanksgiving filled with clear skies, good food, great company and lots and lots of love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment