I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday Nico





     Well, It started clean enough. Celebrating my last baby's 1st birthday. Yes, those are marshmallows with pictures of Nico on them. If you're interested they are from boomf.  I just love this kid and am a bit sad that I have had to celebrate his first year already. I so enjoy my baby. He will always be my baby boy I suppose. 

     Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream was the choice for the day. All of my other children would touch their smash cake with reservation. Not Nico. He dove into that sucker and began to rub it all over his body like a spa treatment. He even rolled the cake up a few times. Gigi, my clean freak, was a bit upset that I wouldn't let her wipe him down with the towel she brought over after she saw this spectacle. 


We couldn't be prouder of his cake smashing skills.
     I couldn't believe that just 365 days ago this guy came into the world as one of our very last great surprises. We waited to hear the sex of the baby until delivery. When they said, "It's a boy!" I cried with tears of joy. 



     Nico has been called several things by this family; Fatty cakes, Nico Rico, Baby, Son, Fattykins, Butterball, Sweetpea, Papito. But whatever we call him it is usually said with a smile on our faces because he is such a good natured baby. I tell everyone who will listen how he has been our easiest child. Whether that is because he is truly the best or because the others are so loud it drowns out any of his complaints, I am not sure but this boy can usually be found smiling, observing the world around him. 






      The soft spot he has created in all of us is obvious but seen most in my oldest son, Golden who can be found holding him and showing him those things big brothers need to introduce him to: video games, cartoons, and animals. He will rub his head when no one is looking or walk him around the house for a good hour. It really is heart warming to see. Nico has formed a very special bond with his big brother that I hope lasts a lifetime. 

 He doesn't just have Golden under his spell but everyone he comes in contact with including Grandpa.

First Halloween costume



For his first birthday we have the customary fat roll pictures. I will miss these the most once my last baby grows up. 


I'm not the only lover of rolls in the house

      I opened a box of Golden's clothes this week and found this treasure. Golden's Halloween costume. Nico seemed to enjoy being a gorilla for playtime.
Nico

Still Nico


Nico the gorilla
 I decided to compare shots of Golden with Nico in the same outfit.

Golden

Golden 

Can you guess which baby this is?

Nico sported his outfit all day with pride.



      At a year old, Nico is walking like a drunk man but getting better by the hour. He just decided on his birthday that he wasn't going to hold onto the furniture and took off like a bullet. Way to go Nico! He likes to say words like " mama", "dada", and "pickapickapicka" He doesn't seem to use them correctly but we notice his says "pickapicka" when he is concentrating, like a chant. It's adorable. He blows raspberries and can have an Olympic competition with his brother Carlos during long car rides. You can hear them cracking each other up. He has six teeth and uses them well. 







Never enough naked bumm shots

Rolls McGee
 Loves in his life are:
Pretzels
Toy cars
His mom and dad
Nursing
Mickey Mouse Club
The ABC song (In Spanish)




Love of my life (One of them at least)


He still doesn't' sleep through the night but it might be a combination of the fact he sleeps in our room, in our bed, and I nurse him whenever he wants. Mike and I wake up assured that we will let him cry it out at night but once the sun sets Mike will look at me as Nico cries and says, " He's our last one, Mommmy. Let's not rush these moments." How could I resist that face. 
The beginning of a tight friendship


     I can't wait to see what this kid has in store for us this year. Whatever it is, I am fascinated by it. Nothing he does is too insignificant. My birthday wish for him is that he always knows how much he is loved. How lucky this family is to have him and how he has completed us like no one else could. I can feel my heart grow with love every time I look at him or utter his name. My sweet, yummy baby boy thank you for being a present I get to enjoy daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment