I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Friday, November 7, 2014

Mike's Surprise 40th Birthday Party in New Orleans Part I


     Mike's 40th birthday started with a surprise party at his office. I liked the gag gifts a lot. It was nice to have his parent's in town to celebrate this too.




Nico needed a nap after so much partying. 
     Then headed out to New Orleans and hit our favorite mall where our older two kids made so many memories on this silly train that changes with the season. It was nostalgic to take our four youngest on this trip through the city.



     I changed the kids into one of their many costumes right in the parking lot so we could make the Ghosts in the Oaks Celebration at City Park. Eva, who wasn't more than two when we left New Orleans remembered Storyville. She asked me if the pirate ship and pirate where still there. Amazing!




Captain Awesome with Captain America


 I love this carousel that has been around since 1906.



 And of course, we took uncle Jerry with us because it ain't a party without him. 
Gigi had a "princess off" and won.
 The next day we wandered around the quarter and even took a carriage ride. The Quarter did not disappoint with her Halloween decorations

We've been dying to eat here!

Love having the grands here with us




I love the NOLA laws. In college the policeman would ask you at the door of the bar if you had your " To go cup" Because you could drink in the street but not in a glass cup.


Yikes!


Despite the scary decor, there is still beauty all around. I will never grow tired of the balconies and color of the French Quarter





This was some of my police detail for the Second Line Parade to come. 
 I surprised Mike with his parade which I will document in the next blog but just had to put a picture of our police detail. Love NOLA police. 

     After a night of celebrations, we woke up and made it to our old ward for a sacrament meeting and I even got to snap a few of the family. I am so blessed to have these cute bundles of energy. Two Rajun Cajuns, four Michiganders and one Florida Beach bunny. 

Oldest with youngest. Both cute as can be.


   Because we can't let the party end we had everyone over for brunch. Thanks to Rita Gomez for her incredible baking skills we ate like kings. If that wasn't enough we had every New Orleans favorite from Mother's Restaurant to eat before that. 
My new favorite is maple frosting with pecan cupcake.

Who dat! 


Gomez' were everywhere




Dean and Newell with the Costlows



The DeVries 
     I loved every second of every minute of this weekend. Happy Birthday to Mí Papi! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment