I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Monday, May 8, 2017

Triplets Turn Six




I barely believe that six years ago, I met these three kids for the first time in the privacy of an OR room filled with twenty one health care professionals and my husband. I'll never forget when they pulled Gigi out first and showed her to me I thought I was being punched because she had a full head of dark hair. This was so not my usual child that I was taken aback and hardly had time to compose myself before they showed Beau to me who was, in fact, the exact way I expected one of my babies to look like; bald and fat, followed in the same minute by the baby of the triplets, Carlos who looked just like his brothers before him. What an intense feeling of peace came over me when they all came out healthy and breathing on their own. They have been tearing up life ever since that day and I can barely keep up. 

As with their personalities, they're cakes were the spectrum of visual eye candy. Beau was Life of Pets, Carlos was Transformers, and Gigi was Shopkins. 



And yes, Nico got a six month cake too. Hot wheels. Don't judge me. He is my last baby and the triplets didn't mind sharing the spotlight.



What can I say about these kids. Not much you wouldn't expect. They are smart, energetic, talkative, loving, rambunctious, with a perfect mix of kindness and lethal weapons. 

Latest quotes:
Carlos: "Mommy is so beautiful I can almost taste her."

        "Beau, Jesus watches you in your sleep. It's kind of             creepy."

      Dad: "Carlos, you're a male model."
      Carlos: "You're mom's a male bottle and you're a male bottle too."

Me getting ready to go on a date with daddy. Carlos: "Mom,you look gorg!"

Carlos is fast. Super fast he would say. And he likes drones, video games and hates chocolate and sweets for the most part but has had the most cavities of the three. 



Beau with her pinky finger up: "Dad promised me if Carlos hits me with the Nerf gun again, you would lock him up in the man cave. Pinky promise."

   "My boogers taste like blood when I eat them."

   Beau: "Mom, I love your eyes."
   Mom: "Thanks."
   Beau: " I wish I could have one."
   Mom: "Which one?"
   Beau: Pointing to the left one. "That one." (Yikes)


   Beau: "Look, I have a mama bear and she poohed an egg and now I have a baby bear."

  

 Beau is a survivor for sure. i left the kitchen to put a plant outside and by the time I returned, Beau had put on oven mitts, grabbed a tray of hot bread rolls out of the oven and used a dirty dish towel to wrap one up so she could eat it. 


Waiting for the bus on their birthday week

T ball Hot Lavas
 Gigi is prim and proper and all kinds of instigator with her pretty little smile. She can convince you that her bag of dog poop is much more valuable than your brand new toy and you will leave happy as she robs you. She's a cuddler and as the tallest triplet it is getting harder and harder to do that. It makes me sad. 


Gigi: "When I suck my thumb it smells like grandma."
  
      "Hey, I saw that when I was a kid in 1540.





They're last measurements at the pediatrician office were on July, 2016.

Carlos 46 lb 3'9"
Gigi   51 lb 3'11"
Beau   40 lb 3'5 1/2 "



They are thriving in Mrs. Norman's kindergarten class and are afraid of going to first grade but I am confident they will be great. 
These kiddos are as unique as the unicorn they float in on. Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment