I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Thursday, March 8, 2012

HO HO HO.....Belated Christmas Blog

I wish I had a "Pause" button on the weeks and months following Christmas. It all goes by so fast, between the school parties, the traveling to see loved ones, the countless hours making cookies, candies, gift wrapping. By the time January arrives, I have a list a mile long of things I have postponed doing due to the holidays as well as a bunch of resolutions I have to hurry up and break. Add to that a computer malfunction and I am soooo behind on my blogging. So, to give all of my pictures their due, I will give you a play by play of the festivities.
     We went down to Miami and spent the holidays with our friends and family. It was truly pleasant to see everyone. And for anyone who knows me, they know how incredible this statement is. No drama. No trips to the hospital or jail. Just good times with people we love. I guess we are all grown up after all. If ever I had any doubt about how we are getting older, I got to spend time with my nieces and nephews. My nephewTony's kids are just beautiful. They are around the same ages as Golden and Eva and that wasn't such a surprise since Tony is actually older than I am. The surprise was that my niece Susan has two kids. I used to change her diapers y'all. And her kids can play with my kids. WOW! It was very emotional for me to see Henry's girls since it had been years since I saw all of them together. Now two are married and one is serious with a boy so who knows. Funny, but I still see myself as twenty so these moments seem surreal. 
     My mother is over the moon with the triplets but she is equally in love with my two older bambinos and sees a lot of me in my daughter Eva. Santa made it out to South Florida without a hitch and we spent another Noche Buena and Christmas day with our friends The Guerra's. 
Babies first Christmas was truly memorable. 


My sister Maria, me, Beau, and Eva at our Christmas dinner
Abuela with her grand babies.

John,Gisele, Shelby,Beau, Carlos and Joe 

I love Beau's dress.

Eva and Carlos get into the Christmas spirit

The second cousins.Top( Golden, Troy, Kyle,Eva) Bottom ( Beau, Gisele, Carlos)

Christmas morning at the Guerra's

Eva poses for the camera

Abuela was smitten with Eva convinced that she was a reincarnation of me.

So nice to see my brother Henry's family too. Kathleen is so beautiful with her cousins and mom Ivis.

Henry and Mike catch up by the pool.

It was not only wonderful to spend the day with my nieces but also to see Susan's children too. How blessed could a girl get.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia: I love the pictures of your family. You have a beautiful family. To submit to the site I belong, it is too late to join. However, you can go there and participate in the contests until she opens the doors to join her site, which is only twice a year. It is Rach Writes. or www.rachaelharrie.blogspot.com I think this is what you were referring to on my comment section under the flash fiction piece I did. If not email me at kscollier1@gmail.com and I explain.

    ReplyDelete