I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Monday, March 12, 2012

Writing Experiment

So, I was late with my entry into a writing contest. But I already had my mental diarrhea and felt it a waste to just toss it. Instead, I will place it here just in case another writing contest asks me to write a  200 word essay using the words "bridge, rust, and wet hair."  


  The Robin's Light


     Thomas’ bloodied leg was a small price to pay to be alive. Both he and the girl leaned against the rusted gate catching their breath. He couldn't explain why he had saved her except that something in her eyes reminded him of home. 

     Pushing the wet hair from her face, Marina stole a glance at her opponent. She thought he must be the worst soldier she had ever met, for he spent the better part of an hour battling her only to save her from certain death in the river rapids. She sighed as she looked around at the remains of the Astor Bridge. "No better place to die," she thought. Running was futile. No Robin had survived this long. "Will you kill me now, Robin slayer?"

     When the initial magnitude of her statement had registered, Thomas did not respond with words. Instead, he put up his palm to her revealing the warm blue light. Unable to hold back her tears, she cast her own azure light back at him. At this moment she was sure of two things; She was not the only Robin who survived past the age of eighteen, and hope had been restored in her heart. 

   

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I want to read the rest of the book that will go with this! So, in all your spare time, go write it! :o)

    ReplyDelete