I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Triplets at 10 months

I can't believe how much the babies have changed in just a few weeks. So much personality. So different from each other. 
Beau has grown three teeth in 1 week. (2 bottom and r side incisor) She and Gigi added "Dog" to their repertoire. 
Gigi enjoys using the word dog to call out to every animal and to her father. Very funny to see him correct her and than, almost as if joking, she says dog again and laughs.
Carlos, still my lover. Likes to give kisses and eats using his whole fist to push food in while his sisters use two finger, fine motor skills. 
They know what it means when I say " No se toca!" Don't touch. But Gigi, my troublemaker, looks at me and laughs before she  goes right back to the naughty business. There is routine to the day, but it doesn't mean it is any less non-stop. 
   A man on the phone yesterday let his true thoughts slip yesterday when he said, "So you just stay at home, right?" I didn't even feel bad about it. It IS what I do, REALLY. It was just, that I know what he imagines my day to be and how different it really is from that image I will try to tell you. 
One day:

6:15 Beau wakes up. Feed her. Change her diaper
6:30 Gigi and Carlos are up. Feed and change them.
7:00 Golden and Eva get up for school. 
7-8:00 Change all babies diapers again because they like their morning constitutionals.
           Put lunches in back packs.
          Get dressed. 
          Get older kids dressed, teeth brushed, hair brushed, dog fed and taken out
8:00 Get three babies in jogging stroller and walk two older kids to school while going over spelling words while holding project on stroller
8:15 -9;15 Jog with babies
9:15 Put babies down for nap
9:15-10 laundry and clean kitchen
10:00 one baby will wake up. 
10:00-10:30 Other load of laundry, try and answer any phone messages, pay bill etc., Prepare baby lunches
10:30-11:00 baby play time. Change diapers
11:00-12:00 Babies eat lunch
12:00-1:00 Get babies changed out of clothes, Change diapers and Baby play time
1:15- 1:45 (or 2:00) Baby nap time. Fold laundry. Clean house. Go to bathroom first time today. 
Put dishes away. 
2:20 Change diapers. Load babies in stroller to pick up big kids at school. 
2:20-2:45 Walk to and back from school
2:45-3:30 Baby snack time. Help big kids with homework at same time.
Make lunches for next day. Clean kitchen from lunch and snack time.
3:30-4:45 Change diapers. (and think how much poop can a baby make?) Take big kids to ballet, piano, activity etc. Or Play time at home with babies.
4:45-5:30 Prepare dinner. Feed babies, big kids and husband. Fold more laundry.
5:30-6:30 Baby bath time. Feed babies snack
6:30 Beau goes to sleep
7:00-7:30 Carlos and Gigi make it to bed. 
7:30-8:30 Spend time with big kids, reading, playing. 
8:30-9:30 Go to grocery store to replenish all the food devoured by said children.
9:30-9:45 Spend a few moments of alone time with my husband before we crash in a coma.
12:00am- Feed Gigi, who still likes a midnight snack.
4:00am -4:30Feed Beau who decides she wants to play for awhile
6:15 Start this all over again.

The days change but the routine doesn't change much except to add more things into it. Like I don't even mention all the carrying of babies and nursing that is still going on.So yes, I stay at home and I dare that man to try and do it. He won't last 30 minutes. 
I love this video of Mike. It shows how he lost to a 10 month old.


Can any girl love him more than his sister?

She makes bars look good.

My future baller

I love this series of Beau at the glass door. 




Can any man love me this much?

Can you see her three teeth?

The girls play peek a boo

Gigi

My Romeo

Gigi has the best toothless grin I've ever seen. It's hard to ever get mad at her.

Carlos and his favorite brush. We call him "Vidal Sasson"

3 comments:

  1. love those babies! i couldn't get the video to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description of the day! Key word in that guy's phrase is "just". You obviously don't "just" stay at home. Wouldn't that be nice!

    Love the clip of Mike with GiGi. I've caught Scott using the same strategy with Merrylee in her crib when she was a baby, accept he was out cold. Of course Merrylee wasn't! I admire a man who crosses the boundary of crib bars to coax a baby to sleep. It's not a line I've even imagined going over. Once they're in the crib, it means either they've entered the world of exhaustion and are done with me, or the reverse!

    ReplyDelete