I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Thursday, April 19, 2012

P is for Pitiful


“Para usted,” was all I could make out of the conversation as the Spaniard handed me a sample of the cheese. As I took a bite I tried to think of something witty to say.

“Perdona mi Español. Estoy embarazada. Me gusta este queso feo.”

Apologizing to him for my Spanish and complimenting the cheese made him smile. He leaned in close to me where I could make out the green specks in his amazing eyes.

“You said, “Pardon my Spanish. I’m pregnant and I like this ugly cheese.’”

Mortified, I grabbed my groceries and turned to leave whispering to myself.

“Pitiful.”

2 comments:

  1. i'm so used to facebook now....where's the LIKE button? this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins* Hey Sylvia, this sounds familiar :D So glad you could take part in my Writing Prompts Contest - I had a grin on my face for ages after reading this :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete