I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Triplets at 11months and Bobby Riscopy

I had the longest couple of days recently. The triplets have been in perpetual motion and show no signs of slowing down as we race towards their one year anniversary of joining our family. Beau is taking it very seriously and has cut four teeth in a little over a week and a half. Gisele is taking her time and has one and 1/2 teeth. Carlos is just watching and waiting to see what all this teeth hoopla is about before committing to anything.
    All children have a bad case of "momitis" and want no one but yours truly to play with and, of course, at the same time. When I can get a spare moment I find that I just want to go to bed to close my eyes before I start the Groundhog Day of child rearing all over again. The best description I have had of raising kids was in the movie, "The Backup Plan" when two men are at the park and the veteran father is telling the soon to be dad what it is like to raise kids. To paraphrase, he said:
"It's something crappy, than something else crappy, than something else crappy, than something else crappy, than something wonderful.... than something else crappy, than something else crappy, than something else crappy, than something wonderful."
    Just the other day we had one of those wonderful moments here during lunch. As most of you know, I am really into making my kids homemade food and healthy...blah,blah,blah. But I was tired and defeated and had two cans of ravioli in my pantry that were screaming out my name. So the trips tried Mr. Boyardee for the first time and with "One Direction" playing on iTunes my little ones were bouncing and bobbing in their chairs while they plowed through both cans of the stuff. Pictures follow describe the scene:




There was truly a wonderful moment with these guys. But like all good things....this one needed to be cleaned up. Each child was taken out of the chair bathed in the sink, redressed and put in a pen until I finished with each one. Then the table and floor needed to be detoxed of tomato sauce. It took over an hour...thus the something crappy, something crappy etc. 
     Early that next day, I received a phone call from my sister, Lourdes, telling me about her secret admirer, Bobby Riscopy. She-happily married- had received a phone call from a man offering her a 52 inch screen television, a car with loads of electronics for the back seat and his undying love. She said his voice was a bit high and he had a lisp but he sounded sincere none the less. She turned him down and wondered if I may be interested so she put him on the phone. Sure enough, a very high pitched, lispy voice came over the line telling me "Hewo, Thyl-via" and how he loved me and would be willing to take me away with a TV and fully loaded car. I was sweaty and stinky from my run, I had barf on my shirt and it wasn't even mine, and I had bags under my eyes so I felt pretty flattered. I looked at the pile of clothes that needed folding and told Bobby that I would go for a used pick up truck as long as I could sit in the back alone with a newspaper for an hour. And it didn't even have to be a recent newspaper either. Bobby was elated but I soon learned that he was, in fact, my seven year old niece Anneliese. Oh the horror. Just when I thought I would be free of laundry and Chef Boyardee clean up. Luckily, Golden and Eva came home with Honor Roll giving me that something wonderful to hold on to through the rest of the day. 


2 comments:

  1. O how i miss your children dearly, they are just the cutest things ever! i am going to have to pay you guys a surprise visit in like 18 or so months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, crap sweet crap. at least we all stink of it together, right?

    ReplyDelete