I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Eight was great but Nine is Fine. Happy 9th Birthday




What can a mother say when her daughter creeps closer and closer to double digits? Stop! Rewind! I would if I wasn't so busy watching her in awe. She really is fascinating. I don't know if I was as driven or ambitious at her age. She is constantly planning, creating, learning, achieving. It is exhausting to be her mother most days. But so worth it. Mike and I always say she is a survivor. If we were to leave her alone on an island. She would have a  modern civilization up and running in no time. So what does a soon to be nine year old want for her birthday? A mani/pedi party and a trip to New York with her family. How can I refuse a daughter who has been nothing but perfect? 

With that said, here is Eva's 9th birthday questionnaire:

What's your favorite color? Aquamarine
What is your happiest memory? When we were all together in Costa Rica and got to swim and eat in the water at the same time.
Who is your best friend? Megan
What do you want to be when you grow up? Marine biologist
What's your favorite movie? Splash
Where do you want to live when you grow up? A beach house
How many kids to you want? Five or Six but I mostly want triplets just like my mom.
What did you dream about last night? My birthday party today. We are going to the Hibachi Sushi place and getting mani/pedicures.
What's your favorite subject in school? science
Who's your favorite teacher so far? Mrs. Robbins and Mrs. Day
What's your scariest memory? In Michigan, dad and grandpa went to the barn and didn't tell us and Golden and I didn't know and thought they left us alone for a long time. It was scary. 
What are you going to do when you turn nine? Run faster. 
What is the funniest thing Christopher (our elf) do? When Jingle(Julien's elf) and Chris made snow angels in fake snow in a pan. 
What do you want Heavenly Father to know most about you? That I am like the awesomest friend in the world. But he already knows that. 
What do you think Heavenly Father wants most for you?  Probably to have a good life when I grow up with my kids and my husband. 
Since you are nine, tell me nine things that are great about you:
1.Beautiful
2. Funny
3. Generous
4. Good big sister
5. Good little sister
6. Great artist
7. Love to read
8. Best daughter
9. I love my life....
       so now can I play on the computer? 

Well, I think she said it best. What more could I add except thank you for letting me be your mom. Love you, Fierce Jellybean.










Addendum to this post: 

Eva chose to have a small party with her best friends, Megan, Kate and Savanah. They ate at the hibachi restaurant followed by manicures and pedicures at the spa. Does this girl know how to live or what? 









No comments:

Post a Comment