I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Triplets at 20 months


By now, my and my trips got a routine going. Most of the time at least. Carlos, my sweet beautiful boy whom I love dearly, has the nick name C-Le D, which stands for Carlos Le Douche. Why would we call him that. What else do you call a 20 month old that still wakes up in the middle of the night with an ear piercing cry or who uses said cry to tell you he is not going to nap for more than 15 minutes today? How do I tell him the absolute need for mommy alone time, and by that I mean time to do the laundry, make his lunch or help the big kids with their homework time. Yes, he is a challenge but when you pick him up he gives you one of his stellar hugs followed by his heart melting smiles and you forgot why you would ever call him such a thing....until he does it again. The girls sleep through the night together in the same room but nap time everyone is to their own corner because Gigi and Beau wind each other up and all you hear is baby gibberish followed by hysterical laughter and inevitably one or both climb out of their cribs. 

     They are all talking a lot but Beau is putting the most words together. I love how they wake up greeting each other and us with a "Hi mommy. Hi daddy. Hi Beau etc..." Carlos likes to keep it chill by waving his hand and saying "Hi guy" to everyone. They will say goodbye to everyone and everything as well. They are very well behaved kids but it doesn't make the day any less exhausting. But I wouldn't know what else to do if I didn't have these guys. It's forced me to step up my game as a parent and as a human being. I can see it in my older children too. How they are more patient and kind because of these kids. 
     Carlos climbs up to play on the computers a lot. Gigi likes a little iPad in the morning and Beau likes to sit on your lap when you need to move around the most. They all say "see-cio" in the morning when I start exercising and they all have their exercise moves that we have documented fully. Carlos likes to sit on  my during sit ups. Beau prefers the leg lifts and Gigi likes to rock in the chair and do arm exercises. They sure do know how to make me laugh. We go through a gallon and a half of milk each day and that still leaves them wanting more because they eat us out of fruit every other day. I can't complain because they have grown like weeds. What more could a mom ask for? I plan on teaching them how to follow me while holding a rope just like in pre school so we can make it out to the park next month and hopefully a plane trip soon.....Keep your fingers crossed.
Gigi our joker

Peek a boo time three




The girls like to hold multiple babies. I wonder why?



They have fancy hair




They are clowns

Blue Steel stare

The lover and most talkative of them all

Dress up each day varies.

But you better dress them both up and sing the princess song

Sometimes it's hard to be a superstar
A moment of peace.


2 comments:

  1. Love those babies. I love hearing about their day to day life too. I can picture Beau and Gigi talking and laughing together. How cute! A gal and half of milk!! Wow! The sippy cup picture is cute. I need to get onto instagram. What a beautiful life you have, in triplicate, plus 2!

    ps- I can't believe I missed your talk! It must have been at Thanksgiving, or the one Dec. Sunday we spent with family. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing you talk about them, and I am so happy your family has them. There are certainly no coincidences. Much love in the New Year Sylia!

    ReplyDelete