I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Friday, December 28, 2012

New York in December













     With such fond memories of New York in Christmas time, I just felt it was time to take the older kids there to experience some of the magic. This was no trip for the weak. We went non stop once we landed. The highlights for me were seeing my kids reactions to the same things that thrilled me so long ago. The tree at Rockefeller center, the excitement of the subway system, Fifth Avenue windows, Dylon's Candy Bar, the wonderful shows on Broadway, the carriage rides through Central Park as well as ice skating in the few quiet spots in the city. I am blessed to be able to share these things with them and hope that maybe some day they will be able to take their own children on this adventure. I told Mike that I wanted the kids first experience there to be with someone who would always love them unconditionally. Mission accomplished.

Subway self portrait
Empire State Building


She loves how tall she is getting
We went to the top.

Only in New York is there a life size moving dinosaur.And its opened 24hours a day.

The real one was closed due to flooding so we saw the lego one instead

Our two shows for the trip. Got 3rd and 5th row. Pretty special.

Eva got her cheek pinched by Josh Elliot and we saw Lara too at GMA

No girl trip is complete without American Girl lunch

That pot flower pot is edible. Look at what a good brother  Golden is.
In Central Park we climbed the huge rocks and took in the city. We skated and took carriage rides on a beautiful winter's day.
I love these guys
Top of a rock in NYC


What a back drop. 

Now that's a tree






The North Pool at the 9/11 memorial. We will never forget.




Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment