I Dream in Cuban

I Dream in Cuban

Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving with Family

     Nothing says Thanksgiving like a trip to an airplane museum but we had good friends in town and thought we would go out and about. The kids especially loved climbing into the jets and pretending to be firefighters.


Golden is a blue angel

Trips manned the helm of the ship

These are lifelong friends in a still very short life.

It is amazing what man is capable of making. And so beautiful.


Berta and I spent the day in the kitchen. And for all of you who know us you would know that this meant we were very, very happy. If ever I go into catering I will ask her to be my boss and manager because she does that well too. I in turn will promise to be a hard worker and to try and make her laugh.

Gigi having a "something about mary" hairdo during lunch.

The big kiddos helped make some creme d' pots and some cake balls. But mostly just played with one another. I do wish I could be a kid in my family. They have an awesome life.

Tom Tom has a favorite triplet. I won't mention who?

Look how proud these kids are at their culinary skills.
Those of us not cooking played video games and took naps and honestly this makes me happy to see my hard working husband relax a bit and have a smile on his face when he is on vacation.

Finally, we sat down to a great meal of Turducken, sweet potato casserole, pecan pie etc. I am thankful for great friends, a lovely family I couldn't have hand picked better. 


The best part of where we live was that after a heavy meal we were able to take a walk to the beach to help us digest. 

I can't believe how much Golden has grown in the last month. 


I made those.

My Best Friend takes a good shot. 

Gigi and I strolling the boardwalk
The next day we strolled the boardwalk after eating Mexican at Cactus Flower. The only bad part of the vacation was that it had to end.




No comments:

Post a Comment